We Are an All-Inclusive Montana Dude Ranch
We are booking reservations for 2022 & 2023.
We do not offer day rides and/or rides to those that are not guests at the Covered Wagon Ranch
Enjoy an all-inclusive Montana dude ranch vacation when you stay at Covered Wagon Ranch.
ATTENTION: We book 12-18 months in advance! Do not wait to book!
2022 All-Inclusive Montana Dude Ranch Rates
June 12th to September 25th 2022
2023 Calendar is posted
July & September are a minimum of a 6 night stay (arriving on Sunday only)
September is adults only-Kurt and Melissa’s two children live on ranch.
|Adult Rider||Child Rider||Adult Non-Rider||Child Non-Rider|
Rider rates include accommodations, meals, maid service, use of our Montana dude ranch facilities (including hot tub and rec room), guided hiking, horse and wrangler services daily, riding lessons, and participation in ranch activities. These include Monday Night’s Meet & Greet, Thursday night’s Pranzo all’aperto (dining outside) where our chef prepares Artisan wood-fired pizza and serves complimentary tastings of local Big Sky Brews. After you can choose to go to the West Yellowstone Rodeo or Music in the Big Sky Meadow. Friday night’s cookout with Live Music, steaks, burgers and brats at our rec hall.
We have a strict 230 pound weight restriction for riding. We also use the BMI Calculator This will be enforced due to the riding we do and the safety of our horses and guests. We allow our guests to ride an afternoon ride the day of arrival (no riding on Sundays) and no riding is offered the day of departure.
Non-rider rates includes all the things mentioned above but does not include any horse and wrangler services. If you choose the non-rider rate, we cannot guarantee availability for you to switch to a rider. We do NOT offer the option to add a ride to a non-rider rate.
Child Rates at the Ranch
Child rates apply to children 6 to 14 years of age coming to our Montana dude ranch. Children 5 and under are free of charge.
Children Ages 4 & 5 is $100 per night. No Trail Riding is offer to Children under 6.
Kids 3 & Under are free of charge-Bring your nanny or babysitter with for kids under 3 and receive $200 off their stay! Babysitting Services available Monday-Friday for an additional charge.
Additional Fees and Services
Accommodations Tax………………………………. $6.00 a person per night (subject to change depending on state law)
Service Charge……………………………………………Automatic 18% service charge will be added to your bill. This is split evenly among our entire staff.
Airport Transportation……………………….We do not offer airport transportation. All our guests rent a car.
Childcare Services …………………………………… Available at an additional charge Monday-Friday with 24 hours notice.
Weight Restrictions………………………… Max of 230 pounds. We also calculate BMI
Laundry Facilities are available on ranch and detergent is available for purchase in our gift shop.
There is NO cell coverage at the ranch. You can get cell coverage about 15 minutes from the ranch.
WIFI is available throughout the ranch
All Rates & Policies are Subject to Change Without Notice
We have 10 guest cabins on the ranch. 5 are two-bedroom cabins and 5 are one-bedroom cabins. Our rates are based on a per person basis not a per cabin basis; however, a minimum of two people in our larger cabins. All of our cabins have their own bathrooms and wood or propane stoves for heat.
Reservations and Refunds for All-Inclusive Montana Dude Ranch Vacations
We recommend booking 12-18 months in advance. We cannot hold a reservation/cabin without a deposit. A 30% deposit is required to confirm your lodging reservation and to hold your cabin. We accept all Credit Cards, Check, or Cash. Check-in is 4PM and Check-out is 10AM. Early check-ins (12PM) can be arranged Monday-Saturday; however, your cabin may not be ready until 4PM.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we suggest purchasing Travel Insurance through a company such as Travel Guard. https://duderanch.org/triptravel-insurance If you choose to decline purchasing travel insurance, below is our Cancellation Policy and will be enforced in all reservations and does not exclude when you booked.
*****Please understand we are running a business and our cancellation must be strict and enforced. *****
The most common Cancellation Questions
- If a reservation of less than 10 people is canceled prior to January 1st, your deposit will be refunded less a $200.00 cancellation/processing fee.
- If any reservation is cancelled after January 1st your deposit will be forfeited in full.
- If any reservation is cancelled 90 days prior to your stay you will have the option to credit your deposit to the following year with a $200 processing/cancellation fee. If cancelled 2nd time for any reason no refund will be given. Rates will be updated to current year.
- If a reservation is cancelled for any reason within thirty-days of your stay payment in full is required and will be charged in full to your card.
- Any changes you make to your reservation after booking that result in your balance being lowered a charge of $200 will be added to your bill (example lowering numbers in party or number of days). If you cancel a cabin all together from your reservation (example you have two cabins reserved and cancel one) a fee of $1,000 will be charged.
- Parties of 10 or more-Balance is due 90 days prior to your stay.
- If a reservation of more than 10 people is canceled prior to January 1st, your deposit will be refunded less a $1,000.00 cancellation/processing fees.
- If a check is returned, there will be a $200 fee on top of the bank fees and unable to make future reservations.
- Due to unexpected situations that result in our ranch being shut down, such as a forest fire, or Covid-19 all money received will be transferred to the following year.
- Absolutely no refunds due to inclement weather-rain, snow, smoke, wind etc.
- Corona Virus- Anyone that is concerned about Covid-19 and the ranch I would be happy to chat with you about what we have implemented at our ranch to try and keep everyone as safe as possible. At this time no refunds will be given due to Covid-19. Our regular cancellation policy is in full effect. Please purchase travel insurance if you are concerned.
- All cancellations due to Covid-19 need to be moved over 90 days prior to reservation arrival. If you moved over your reservation in 2020 to 2021, it cannot be moved over a second time to 2022, that deposit will be forfeited. The rates are subject to change, no advertised specials you may have booked under will be transferred to the following year.
Pack Trips July-September
Experience rugged America in the heart of the wilderness. Enjoy a 2-night overnight horseback pack trip, riding into a remote corner of the most visited destination in the country — Yellowstone Park as well as adjacent Gallatin National Forest. Taking only small groups (minimum of two people), our campsites are exceptionally comfortable and marvelously picturesque. Sleep warm and soundly inside your tent or beneath a blanket of stars. You must book as a rider with a minimum 7 night stay. We limit our trips to one per week, departing on Tuesday and returning on Thursday. Minimum age is 12 years old, and you must not have a fear of heights! You must be an intermediate to experienced rider.
Pack Trip Rates
For each night that a guest sleeps out on a pack trip, $250 per person will be added to the regular cost of their stay at the ranch. It is required that guests embarking on a pack trip stay at the ranch a minimum of 7 nights and it is a minimum of 2 people with at least a two month notice prior to arrival.
Whitewater Rafting, Zip-Lining, Guided Tours of Yellowstone National Park, and Guided Fishing Trips are all conducted by Non-Ranch Licensed Outfitters and require a fee in addition to the all-inclusive Montana dude ranch rates at Covered Wagon Ranch. We are happy to recommend guides in the area to provide these services for you while you stay at our Montana guest ranch.