The Covered Wagon Ranch was founded in 1925 by Vic Benson Sr. and his wife Eda. The first cabins he hand built in the same year and are still being used! They are our Daly Creek and Big Springs Creek Cabins. The rest of the cabins were hand constructed in the years to come. Of 10 guest cabins, 8 have wood burning stoves for heat. All now have private baths.
Vic Sr. and Eda ran this ranch as a Guest Ranch ever since the first cabin was built! In keeping with their Montana Tradition, the Covered Wagon Ranch has been entertaining guests right here for over 80 years!
Vic Sr. and Eda had only one son…Vic Jr. After his parents passed away Vic Jr. took care of his inheritance. In 1983, Will King came in to the picture as a partner and he helped run the ranch. In 1991 Will bought out Vic Jr, but Vic continued to stay at the ranch until his passing in the spring of 1998. Will developed the excellent horse program that we are still so proud of; and also added the Main Lodge, the Rec Hall, and several cabins to the ranch. These changes have enabled the Covered Wagon Ranch to grow, without sacrificing the rich Montana traditions that we offer our guests today! We believe in keeping it the way it was when guests were visiting us in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and on!
In June of 2005, Debi Naccarto and Jerry (Jt) Taylor, of Bozeman, purchased the ranch. They brought renewed energy to the ranch and a great deal of expertise.
In 2011, Kurt and Melissa came in as a partner and purchased the ranch from JT and Debi in the spring of 2013. It is their goal to maintain the legacy, left behind by the Benson family, Will, and JT and Debi.